Job DescriptionOrganizers are the face of Battleground Texas in communities across Texas, working to advance and grow the grassroots movement to make the Lone Star State count. The primary responsibility of an Organizer is to recruit, manage, and train volunteers to organize their communities and neighborhoods into teams that register and turn out those new voters. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to developing a plan to organize their turf based on its unique characteristics; identifying and cultivating volunteer team leaders; planning and executing events and trainings; building relationships with community leaders; and ensuring data integrity. Organizers report directly to their Regional Field Director.
Skills and Qualifications
- Candidate must have a desire to learn and a willingness to receive feedback
- Ideal candidate is fluent in the Spanish language and/or is from Texas
- Candidates must have the ability to communicate with diverse communities and leaders
- Candidates must be self-motivated and willing to work long hours (including nights and weekends) when necessary
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously