Houston Regional CoordinatorSummary Description:
Regional Coordinators are the face of Battleground Texas in communities across the state, working to advance and grow the grassroots movement. The primary responsibility of a Regional Coordinator is to recruit, manage and train volunteers to organize teams that register and engage voters. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to building and managing an organization of skilled volunteer leaders; developing a plan to organize their turf based on its unique characteristics; planning and running events and trainings; collecting content for Digital and Communications departments; and building relationships with community leaders. The Houston Regional Coordinator reports directly to the Managing Director.
Skills & Qualifications:
• At least one election cycle of organizing experience, preferably two cycles;
• Ability to communicate with diverse communities and leaders across many platforms both in-person and online;
• Prepared to innovate to organize the largest county in Texas and thousands of volunteers;
• Superlative interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build one-on-one relationships and facilitate productive, positive group cultures;
• Demonstrated experience training and coaching others to successful actions and increased independence;
• Self-motivated and willing to work long hours (including nights and weekends);
• Strong organizational skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to multitask effectively and manage conflicting priorities;
• Experience creating content for social media;
• Ideal candidates will have experience working in Houston; and
• Ideal candidate is fluent in Spanish.