The Texas Future Leadership Program
The Texas Future Leadership Program (TX-FLiP) is a leadership development program for Texans of color who want to increase their knowledge of the inner workings of campaigns and take on senior leadership positions in Democratic and progressive political organizations.
The goal of TX-FLiP is to bring together mid-career professionals of color who will lead the future of the progressive movement in Texas. The program is a six-month, part-time program designed to be comprehensive, but also meet the scheduling needs of working adults.
Application & Selection ProcessA limited number of applicants will be accepted into the program, following a selective application and interview process. Applications will be accepted from April 3rd through June 21st. Interviews will begin on April 27th and continue on a rolling basis until June 26th. Due to the high number of applications anticipated, not all applicants will receive an interview.
Final participants will be chosen and notified by June 27th. All accepted applicants are expected to attend the training on August 5th and 6th.
- April 3rd: Applications Open
- April 27th: Interviews Begin
- June 21st: Applications Close
- June 27th: Final Participants Notified
- August 4th: Mixer with other participants in Austin
- August 5th - 6th: Initial training weekend in Austin
- February 2018: Final training and graduation